- Hip hop
For years now, hip hop has been one of the key components of our musical program, as the focus on local talent is. With our be.focus label we try to present our French-speaking fans with some interesting Flemish artists and vice versa. This year we step it up a notch and bring you Niveau4. An unprecedented and exclusive 1 hour show with the biggest players of Brussels, Flemish and Walloon hip hop.
- Coely: The Antwerp-Congolese rapper already paid us a memorable visit in 2013, when she blew us all away with her amazing flow, powerful voice and instant hits. Now she’s back to confirm for once and for all that Belgian hip hop is far from an exclusive male activity.
- Senamo & Seyté: The lucky ones who saw Brussels crew La Smala at last year’s festival, know what to expect: top notch rappers, witty lyrics and a hell of an atmosphere. Trois Fois Rien, their latest album, is creating a lot of buzz!
- STIKSTOF: At Couleur Café 2015 they nailed it in front of a packed Dance Club, and ever since business is booming for the Brussels crew and their raw, unique and intelligent rap. 10 days before Niveau4, you can check them out as support act for Cypress Hill in the Ancienne Belgique…
- JeanJass & Caballero: Two pals from Charleroi and Brussels who already got a good thing going one separately decided to join forces. The result: double good rhymes and a perfectly oiled flow, as heard on their excellent album Double Hélice.
- Woodie Smalls: A young man from Sint-Niklaas who brought us summer hits like About the Dutch and Champion Sound will undoubtedly shake up things at the Dance Club on Friday. Sunday he’s back to prove how he's steadily outgrowing little old Belgium.
- Roméo Elvis: His unique voice and Le Motel’s genius production shook up the Belgian rap scene with their widely acclaimed album Morale. Sunday, Roméo will single-handedly show off his great rap skills.
- DVTCH NORRIS: The Antwerp prodigy and regular Coely side-kick is barely 23 years old and going solo. He already opened for Chance The Rapper and Method Man & Redman. A need-to-see discovery in the Belgian hip hop scene.
Niveau4 is exactly what its name predicts: only first grade Belgian rap, in French, Flemish and English, all on one stage and exclusively at Couleur Café!
Your date with Belgian rap history: Sunday, July 3, 18:30, Univers Stage!